Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Petunias and ??

While we were visiting grandchildren last week, we stopped by a nursery and bought this gorgeous pot of petunias to set beside Auntie Violet's doorstep --






This morning when I went out to give them a drink of water, I spotted this interesting visitor. I know it is a big moth, but that's about as far as my insect identification skills go...



It stayed there most of the day, but I noticed this evening that it is gone.

This afternoon we took a quick run into Ritzville to the Farm Service Agency to take care of some paperwork for the ranch. I continue to be impressed with all of the young women that work in that office. They always seem to be extremely cheerful and helpful, going out of their way to make sure we get signatures on whatever papers that are needed for the very complex programs that they deal with. It's great that we can do some of it by email as well.

It actually got pretty warm here this afternoon -- I think summer is finally here. In a normal year, wheat farmers would be getting ready for harvest by the Fourth of July. As we drove around with Juni and Tom last week, we did not even see any wheat that is starting to turn golden. Due to all the rain this spring, it's still pretty green. It'll be the middle of July before they start -- at the earliest!

No comments:

Post a Comment