Friday, September 19, 2014

The Fix-it Man

When we were in town a couple of days ago, we picked up some fresh glue and some screws so that Forry could do some repairs on his bedroom drawers. They are probably the only ones left in the RV that he hasn't re-glued the bottoms or repaired or replaced the slides. You add the normal wear and tear of living, then you add the shaking and bouncing of being on the road for several  hundred miles, it's surprising they stand up as well as they do.

It's nice to be married to someone who can fix things. My Dad was the same way, both in the house and on the farm. It's not as easy as it used to be due to all the electronics in everything now. But a good share of what needs to be fixed around the RV can be taken care of by Forry. (That doesn't mean it always gets done. After many years I've learned that "Yeah, I CAN fix that." doesn't necessarily mean "Yes, I WILL fix that...")

The park managers had a work crew out today raking up pine needles. (They said they had just done it three days ago...) There were five of them out there raking up needles and hauling them over to the HUGE pile they have over on the edge of the campground. They're having a terrible time getting rid of them. The local refuse company won't take them and they can't burn them. When we were in Georgia, we were surprised to see bales of pine needles for sale at garden shops (remember, we were surprised to see all the pine trees in the south also!). I understand they were using them for mulch?

I had thawed some hamburger today for dinner as I wanted to make meat loaf to  go with the acorn squash I planned to bake. Instead of putting half the meat aside for another meal, I went ahead and made it all into meat loaf, then made two pans and put one into the freezer for another day. I don't have much freezer space, but since we defrosted it a few weeks ago, I seem to have more room...

No comments:

Post a Comment