Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Another Gorgeous Day

It was another beautiful day today. The temp made it up to 80 degrees with lovely sunshine. It clouded over a bit in the afternoon, but we had a gorgeous sunset.

We went into Fountain Hills this afternoon and made some stops looking for a small (12-18 inches) Christmas tree. I had a perfect one for several years that my friend Danny gave me many years ago when I was the administrator at the Ritzville hospital. It was about fourteen inches tall with lights and ornaments. I re-wired and repaired it for years, but it finally just disintegrated. It was the perfect size to put in the front windshield of Auntie Violet.

The smallest ones they had at Ace Hardware were four feet high and the lady at the florist shop said that none of the ones she had coming in were all at least five feet...

We went on to Safeway and picked up groceries. I had to chuckle at the ladies I heard discussing whether or not they should buy fresh cranberries or buy canned sauce. They concluded that they had this same discussion every year and ended up buying canned sauce since neither one knew how to make fresh cranberries look like the ones in the can...

When we got home and finally got all the groceries put away (my most favorite task - NOT!), I went on line and looked for small trees on Amazon. Had to expand my search to include artificial and lit, but I found all kinds of trees I could order. None of them were as cute as the one Danny got me so long ago, but I think I've found one that will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment