Friday, November 27, 2015

The Day After

i was cranky this morning. Mainly because I didn't sleep well. When Forry's CPAP mask doesn't fit well - which means when his beard needs trimming - it tends to squeal. I had just dropped off to sleep last night when a loud squeal came from his side of the bed. Followed by a squeal with every breath he took. By the time I woke him up enough to get him to readjust his mask, I was wide awake again!

I don't easily fall asleep, unlike he who shares a bed with me who drops off the minute his head hits the pillow. So I used my breathing exercises and had almost put myself back to sleep when there was a series of snorts from the other side of the bed. They started low and escalated to the sounds an angry bull might make. This time it was harder to rouse him enough to adjust the mask.

And so it went off and on the rest of the night. Normally, once I have fallen asleep, I don't hear the squeals and snorts. Actually,most of the time, he sleeps very quietly with the CPAP. Nothing at all like the snoring used to be!

It was a very chilly day today. The sky was clear and blue, but I don't think it got above 70 degrees all day. We had a big box of mail from Daughter MM, with lots to read and sort. I spent an hour or so stripping the meat from what was left of the duck so that I could make a pot pie for supper. All of the meat on a duck is dark meat, which is why it's a favorite of ours. We had half the pie tonight, so I know what's for supper tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment