Thursday, August 25, 2016

I Meet the Ladies

With my hair still a bit damp from my shower, I walked over to the Clubhouse for the Thursday morning Ladies Coffee. It's my understanding that they meet there (the men meet over at Mike's at the same time) every Thursday morning about nine for coffee and just to chat. There were a dozen women there sitting around a double table. I introduced myself  and met most of them - though I'll never remember all the names. Though we've been here three weeks, this is the first Thursday morning I've been free.

Some of the ladies were long-timers, I think one of them said she had been here since 1999. A couple were getting ready to close up their mobile homes and head south for the winter. It sounded like a few of them sort of used the park as a home base while they traveled around to various time shares - I heard mention of Hawaii, Whistler and Idaho. It was just kinda nice to be around a group of women for a change.

The clubhouse is very nice. It's not real large, but it is one of the nicer ones I've been in. The usual kitchen, a library, nice sitting area with a large TV and several tables and chairs. The laundry facilities are in a small room off to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment