Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Planted My Garden...


Yesterday I planted my Christmas present garden. It's an AeroGarden3 that our daughters got for me. It's a hydroponic garden that sits on the kitchen counter. It has lights that are on 17 hours per day and a water reservoir with nutrients in the bottom. I've inserted three "plants" in their containers -- thyme, basil and chives. They are supposed to sprout in five days -- we shall see.

We got a VERY excited call from Son Sean in Spokane yesterday. Daughter Mary Mae had given up on getting over to the east side to visit Scott's family and ski, and mailed his Christmas package from us. We had found the COMPLETE series of "I Love Lucy" shows on DVD for him. He's an avid fan and had already watched 3 of the 100+ shows.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. I got an AeroGarden Herb garden for Christmas too! :-) I have not had a chance to plant mine yet but look forward to doing it this weekend!

    I also got a weather station with outdoor sensors. Bill and I really sat down and thought about the things we will want in the "future" and those were what we put on our Christmas lists. :-) We are already planning out the year and if things go well we will be purchasing the RV by June or so. Now if only the market would improve so we can sell the house! :-) Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete