Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One of those days...

I spent most of the morning on the phone arranging inspections, making arrangements to change the scaffolding for ones that you can put multiple levels of planks on, following up on all the little details that the project entails -- but at the end of the day I was left wondering what I had done all day.

I did get a good start on the program for the dedication of House #1 next week. I wanted to get a picture of the homeowners in front of the house for the program, but when I was there earlier this week, there was too much construction stuff on and around the front porch. The crews are gathering up equipment and picking up as much as possible for the house tour that will be part of the Open House here at the camp on Friday. I told the homeowners I would take a picture of them then.

The carpet layers were supposed to be there this afternoon, but it turns out that they did NOT have enough in stock for the job (bedrooms and living room) like they said they did when it was ordered. They're saying that they ordered it from Georgia and it will be in tomorrow, but I wouldn't wager it'll be done for the Open House. I guess I'll just be happy if it's in in time for the dedication on the 27th.

This evening Ken and Mabel and Forry and I went to visit the site for House #5. We needed to check and see if they were running the water to flush the chlorine from the lines before the county came to test the water tomorrow. It's a new well and they needed to sanitize all of the lines today. Once the well water passes its test, the permit for construction of this house can be pulled by Robin. It's going to be in the most beautiful site yet -- the view is just fantastic. The homeowner has a green thumb. Her vegetable garden is already growing well and she has planted many trees and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment