Saturday, January 24, 2009

Frustration!

I am so frustrated! I came home VERY tired Thursday night; posted to our blog; shut down the computer; remembered I needed to check something else; turned the computer back on; decided I was way too tired to deal with it and hit the "shut down" button (instead of waiting for it to cycle on and then shut it down from the screen!). Somehow I really messed things up. Now all it tells me when I turn it on all it tells me is that there is a missing or damaged file in Windows and I need to use the SETUP disc to restore it!

BUT, this HP laptop came with everything already installed! There is a "back-up disk" on one of the internal drives, but the computer needs to come on for me to access it...

After I finished with the last of the meetings this morning, I used my IPhone to hunt for computer repair and found a shop about four miles from the RV park. They were going to close for the weekend at 1 PM, but said they'd wait until we got there. They didn't seem too concerned about it, said they had all of the needed discs, and promised they would start working on it first thing Monday morning...

I'm using Forry's laptop to write this -- which makes him VERY nervous.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch - hope it gets fixed soon and without costing too much. Sorry I was not there to help (not sure if I could have fixed it - but I could have tried).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crossing my fingers for you. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

    ReplyDelete