Thursday, January 22, 2009

Meetings!

We were up at six this morning, showered and dressed and on our way over to Trinity Mennonite Church by 7:10 for my first 8 AM meeting. (I ate my blueberries, yogurt and granola in the car on the way there...) This is a very interesting facility -- it is a series of buildings set around a courtyard. You need to go outside across the yard to the SS rooms, the restrooms, the kitchen, the fellowship hall, the library, the sanctuary, etc. It was in the seventies today so the people from the east and north were really enjoying the warmth.

I met all morning with the Anti-Racism Team which I co-chair -- except my co-chair didn't arrive until late this afternoon...

The Executive Board meeting started at one PM and went until 8:30 this evening. We always invite local congregations and conference folks to meet with us for dinner and dialogue one evening. Bryce Miller, who was an intern at Menno, now a pastor at a church in Tucson, was one of those who joined us.

I must get myself off to bed, we start again tomorrow at 8 AM...

1 comment:

  1. it snowed here this am--we have had l00 percent humity all week; which has resulted in what they are now calling ice fog mity strange winter ss

    ReplyDelete