Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How About a "Cactus Queen?"

We woke up to sunshine this morning -- it was really a nice day -- I even had my sweater off this evening for a while. I went to a good seminar this morning on Digital Scrapbooking. The gal who taught it was really sharp. I got some great ideas about how to handle pictures and what could be done with them. I bought her scrapbooking software package, BUT I am not going to install it until I get a new computer!

Forry and I both went to a session on RV Solar Shades. Tha's something we've been looking at for a long time, but were hesitent both about putting snaps through the coach skin and about having to climb up on a ladder every time to put them on. We've ended up getting ones that go on the inside of the windows, fastened with suction cups ("American made"). We got one large one for the front windshield and ones for each of the windows on the pilot and co-pilot side.
This afternoon I played hookie during the first seminar session as there wasn't anything scheduled that interested me. It was time anyway for some "me" time and I actually got some hand-sewing done on a baby gift I am working on.

I joined Forry later for a session on Unknown and Known Attractions in Southern Arizona. We got a quite of bit of information about some of the Indian sites that I would like to see while we are still in the area.
I had volunteered to help with tonight's Pizza Party so had to run help set up enough tables and chairs for the 312 people who had bought tickets. We had choices of pepperoni, sausage, or cheese pizza for everyone. They could each have two slices to start with and then when everyone had one run through, we opened up the line for seconds, and thirds, and...
After the pizza event, the competition for th
e Cactus Queen began. There were six contestants for the title, each one a bit more outrageous than the next:
Some of the "ladies" were quite hilarious, they had long stockings, garters and lacey red lingerie! After each was introduced and had a few words to say, the winner was decided by audeience vote.
I don't know when I have laughed so hard. The fellow with the red gloves was really funny -- he's got quite a beard and he didn't seem very happy about having been coaxed into the contest.

This is my FAVORITE picture of all -- that's the Cactus Queen winner posing with Forry!

No comments:

Post a Comment