Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Quiet Monday

Here are some more cacti that we saw yesterday in the Superstition Mountain area. This first picture is of some 'tree' cholla that are extremely tall in this area. I was told they can get to be fifteen feet tall, but we didn't see any that tall. I think the tallest we saw was about 8-9 feet.




The next two pictures are of hedgehog cacti. This is the first time we had seen any of this type of cacti. It will be neat to see what they look like when they are in bloom in the spring.










Today was a bit of a catch-up day, sorta of getting ready to move tomorrow. Forry emptied the gray and black tanks; I did laundry; we checked out the location of both the new park and of the post office; and watched the Olympics.

I had a long chat with Sister Sherry in Touchet and Brother Pat in Moses Lake. And FINALLY found out the name of my new great-nephew! His name is Case Patrick. His big brother's name is Carter. I think the two names go well together. Patrick and Cindy have had all of their three grand-babies at their place during the week-end -- lucky guys!

To go with our steak, I made an avocado and grapefruit salad for supper using grapefruit from the tree growing alongside of Auntie Violet's parking place.

2 comments:

  1. avocado & grapefruit...interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado chunks with grapefruit sections are good, but I like grapefruit and papaya even better!

    ReplyDelete