Monday, November 14, 2011

A Bit of Shopping

Juni sent me a note on Facebook last night asking if I wanted to go to the leather store with her today. It turns out that Tunica has an Outlet Mall that has a Wilson Leather Shop as one of its tenants.  Juni had promised her daughter that she would look for a leather jacket for her while we were here. I don't know what it is about stores that sell leather items, but they just smell so good!  I just want to stand in the doorway and breathe in that lovely aroma.

Juni found a very classic coat for her daughter and we looked at lots of purses, bags and jackets. One thing about being retired and not needing a lot of nice clothing -- I wasn't even tempted! From the Outlet Mall, we decided to take a look at the town of Tunica -- the whole two, maybe three, blocks of it.

We did find the Post Office and decided to check.  To my surprise, our box of mail that Daughter MM had mailed on Saturday was already here! She had sent the important letters last week went she had sent us our ballots, so a lot of this box is magazines, newspapers and "junk" mail.

Juni had made a pot roast today using her pressure cooker.  I made a tossed salad to go with it and we had another feast tonight.

I had to come back to Auntie Violet right after dinner as I had a conference call meeting with the Executive Board of Mennonite Church USA. We spent most of the meeting working our way once again through the Purposeful Plan incorporating the suggestions that had been made by the CLC and other groups since the convention in Pittsburgh in July.

At least tonight the wind is not blowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment