Friday, November 4, 2011

Grand Ole Opry

What a FUN evening!  We went to the Friday night Grand Ole Opry broadcast at the Ryman Theatre in Nashville tonight with Tom and Juni.


The theatre is right in downtown Nashville and is a gorgeous old building --


We saw a dozen different acts, broken up into four segments.  I had really wanted to see the group, Diamond Rio --


We got a kick out of Little Jimmy Dickens.  He's ninety years old and still very talented and sharp --


We also saw a new young artist make his Opry debut, J.T. Hodges --


The show started at 7 PM and lasted until a little after 9:30.  When we came out, the streets were very alive with lots of people and several music buskers on the corners.  We walked a few blocks to Big River Brewery where we had a great meal.

I must thank Juni for the great pictures as I didn't even think to bring my camera!

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your travels! Makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were also there Friday night... Great show! Do you remember the name of the young girl in the last segment with Mike Snider?

    ReplyDelete