Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Kindle 2

I've been using my Kindle DX since Fall of 2009 and I really like it. I have over nine hundred books in the archives -- can you imagine how much space that many books would take up in Auntie Violet? Plus I've got about thirty more on my home page either waiting to be read or to be used for reference!

I wish I had kept track of how many of the books I've gotten for free from the Facebook on the Ereader News Today site. It's a good way to sample many different authors that I probably would not have considered. The bad thing about it that they often will have the first book of a series for free; you get hooked; and then you end up buying the rest of the series...

I've been VERY impressed with Kindle's customer service. I told you how they replaced my first Kindle DX last month for the minimum service price after the five-way switch quit working -- even though it was out of warranty.

Today I was trying to buy the last book of Lauraine Snelling's Daughter's of Blessing series, Rebecca's Reward. When I went to the store, it kept telling me I had purchased the book last December, but I could not find it in the archives anywhere, searching under both title and author. When I called Customer Service, she reviewed what I had already done; put me 'on hold' for five minutes; then came back and told me to look on my HOME page -- and there it was!

And this Customer Service Rep was every bit as cheerful and nice as the one I worked with last month! Kindle definitely has the customer service thing down pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment