Thursday, January 19, 2012

There's SNOW in the Northwest!

It's been interesting to watch the news; to talk to Daughter MM and Son Sean on the telephone; see comments on Facebook; and to read the Seattle Times to get all of the news about the big snowstorm in the Pacific Northwest. Comments range from very happy skiers to less-happy comments about repeating "it's good for the wheat, it's good for the wheat."

When I looked at pictures of our neighbor's young son making snow angels in 7-8 inches of snow and heard about the Cascade mountain passes being closed, I could not help but shudder. Then I look outside and see blue sky and see people walking by Auntie Violet in their shorts and tank tops and I am VERY thankful to be where I am. It's been warm enough at night to sleep with the windows open and just a sheet on the bed.

I sat outside on my lounge chair this afternoon in the sunshine with my Kindle and a big glass of water -- it was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment