Saturday, September 7, 2013

Another Rainy Day

I know I heard the weather forecaster on TV saying we were going to have a beautiful warm weekend. But it's already Saturday night and I have seen NO sign of it. There was a  brief glimpse of blue sky this morning when I first got up, but it soon started to cloud over. And it never did warm up! As I was getting dinner -- and making a cucumber salad for tomorrow's potluck at church -- I began to hear rain on the roof. It rained pretty hard for about an hour. This time it wasn't a thunderstorm, just rain that came straight down without any wind to blow it sideways.

It's Saturday, which meant there is football game after football game on TV. Finally six o'clock came and I got to watch the Mariners game. They have brought up another one of their hot young pitchers to make his major league debut tonight. Paxton is a lefty, and so far (6th inning) has done a great job against the Tampa Devil Rays.

It's interesting to watch the traffic in and out of the RV park. Suddenly, there are lots of empty sites in the park. There is a line of rental cabins sort of across the road from us. They were full over Labor Day, but have been empty ever since. Today there was a flurry of activity and all of a sudden four of them are full again. I heard one guy saying something about having already winterized their RV and put it away, but thought they'd get one more weekend of camping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment