Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thunderstorms!

I should have known better then to tempt the universe. Yesterday while we were at the Suzuki shop, they gave Toad II a nice much-needed bath. Then when we got home I carried my basket of geraniums over to the empty site next to us and soaked it good. It went from being very light and easy to carry to so heavy I could hardly carry it back to its spot in front of Auntie Violet.

So, wouldn't you know it, it poured rain last night! We had three different bands of thunderstorms come through during the night. In addition to the thunder and lightening, it rained. And then it rained some more! It rained so hard about 2 AM that I got up to see if it was hail!

These storms moved clean across the state yesterday afternoon, during the night and early this morning. Today we went from overcast to a very nice sunshiny day to an evening with gathering clouds and forecasts of more storms. There is another flash flood warning for the Spokane and Northern Idaho areas tonight.

I was up early this morning as I had a 10:30 appointment for my routine mammogram. I went to the beautiful new Inland Imaging building on the South Hill. It is very nice and they only do mammograms there, so they are very quick and efficient. I had thought once I hit seventy, I would not need to get routine scans anymore, but my doctor believes otherwise. She has had patients that had life-saving mammograms in their eighties, so I guess I had best resign myself to keep getting them. I must admit, the newer machines are more comfortable then the old ones used to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment