Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Errand Day

We spent a good share of today traipsing around Spokane and getting a few errands done. Forry has been wanting to replace the screw-on safety clasps on our towing set-up with some snap-on clamps, making it easier to hook-up. We had thought perhaps Camping World might have some, but when we checked there a couple of weeks ago, the only ones they had were the ones that were already on towing rigs. Forry thought maybe a place that handled logging equipment or something like that might have them. I used Safari on my iPhone and finally narrowed my search for chains enough to come up with Spokane Chain and Cable out on West Broadway. He needed clamps that were rated for at least 6000 pounds and sure enough they had them.

I should have gone looking for a Sketchers shoe store when we were over on the west side of the state. There are several there including a couple of outlet stores. I have been wearing nothing but sandals almost all of the time. The one pair of sneakers I own has Velcro clasps which are worn through. I'm not sure what kind of weather we'll be having in rural New York this weekend, but I don't think my sandals will be the right kind of footwear for Camp Deerpark. We went out to the Valley Mall and found a Famous Footwear store. They only had a couple of pairs of Sketchers in my size and with a wide width. Hopefully, I did find a pair of sneakers that will work. It's not often we are anywhere where socks and shoes are necessary, but at least now I am prepared.

The last stop we made was at Costco. After walking around the Valley Mall looking for a shoe store and then around the Costco warehouse, I think I have gotten my exercise for the day. Forry waited in the Food Court at the Mall for me, then rode one of the motorized carts at Costco, so he actually enjoyed shopping with me. Unfortunately, it was too early in the afternoon for him to have his favorite meal. He'll have to wait and have his Costco Dog another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment