Thursday, September 12, 2013

My "Must-Do" List

There are a few things I really want to do while we are in Spokane. One of them is to go to Gordy's Sichuan Café to eat. We been talking about it and finally this afternoon when I went to get meat out of the freezer for supper, I decided I didn't want to cook. I wanted to go to Gordy's!


Gordy's is basically a hole-in-the-wall little place up on the South Hill on 30th. It only has maybe fifteen tables and it's always full -- even on a weeknight. The tables are rather bare. They set them with a napkin, a bowl and a pair of chopsticks. The food is incredible. They've been voted the best Asian food in Spokane several years in a row.

One of the specials tonight was one of our favorites, Smokey Bacon and Cabbage. We had an order of Sesame Prawns for an appetizer, then the Smokey Bacon with a side order of green beans. Of course you can't eat at Gordy's without sharing a dish of ice cream with their signature candied orange chocolate sauce for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment