Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Exciting or Mundane or ?

I got an email this morning from a colleague who commented on our "exciting" life after he had asked where we were presently located. I told him we actually live a pretty mundane life, albeit in some pretty interesting places.

I guess it's all in how one looks at it. If you approach every day as an adventure, life can be pretty exciting -- even on a mundane day. Today was a good example. I've neglected doing laundry while at Sister Sherry's and while we've been here at Daughter Dawn's (mainly so as not to fill up the holding tanks as we're not connected to the sewer). As today is our last day here, I asked her if I could do laundry at her house. I've been wanting to wash our bedspread and it's a bit much for the Splendide washer/dryer in Auntie Violet.


Being alone in someone else's space is very different from being in Auntie Violet doing loads of laundry between doing other tasks. Forry almost always has the television on, so it is never quiet. Other than the sound of the washer and dryer, it was pretty peaceful at Dawn's house. I spent the afternoon reading and catching up on Frontierville on the computer between loads.


It's not often that we have our daughter all to ourselves, so tonight after she got home from work, we took her out to dinner at Wellspring. We've eaten there once or twice before. Their food is definitely on the gourmet side. I had a cup of gazpacho watermelon soup (followed by spare ribs). It was an interesting combination of flavors. Forry had their signature prime rib while Dawn had half a roasted Cornish hen.


It certainly was not a boring day, nor was it particularly exciting, but it was enjoyable all the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment