Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Very Special Day

Today was a good day, all the way around!


It's always been good to worship with the folks at Zion. Some of them have become friends over the years we have been visiting here and it was good to see them this morning.

I never could understand how my parents could "waste" a Sunday afternoon taking a nap. But it is a lovely way to spend a couple of hours. I am reading Land of the Painted Caves by Jean Auel and I curled up in the back bedroom to doze and read.


A little after four I went over to Daughter Dawn's (we are parked in their driveway) and put some Yukon Gold potatoes in the oven. Granddaughter Kyra made some poppy seed muffins (tinted purple) and Dawn made a tomato, palm heart and avocado salad. Later Todd barbecued some steaks. Our dear friends Pat and Warde joined us and we had a feast! With fresh strawberry shortcake for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment