Monday, June 13, 2011

More Strawberry Jam...

Forry and I made a Costco run today. He has been wanting to get one of the new really small video cameras, but waited until we got to Oregon to buy it so he didn't have to pay the sales tax in Idaho or Washington. It made his day as he also got to have a Costco Polish dog for lunch!


On our way into town, we passed a sign for strawberries, so stopped on the way back and bought another flat. Then I didn't know if Daughter Dawn had enough pectin and sugar left, so we turned around and made a stop at Safeway to get more. When we got back to her house Granddaughter Kyra helped me make a double batch of freezer strawberry jam. We ran out of containers, so decided to wait to do another batch until Dawn got home from work.


I put a couple of pork loins in the oven for supper and we had some fresh corn to go with it. Dawn came up with more containers, so I finished up another double batch of jam. That should make my son-in-law happy as he loves strawberry jam! It's been a long time since I've done any jam making. It was actually kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment