Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another Boring Laundry and Grocery Day

I don't know which was crying out more -- the stack of dirty laundry from last week or the empty refrigerator and cupboards? When we are by ourselves, we often will wear the same shirt for a couple of days and we certainly don't change into different clothes more than once a day. But when we're at a rally, we are often outside, so we dress in layers and depending on the activity we may change clothes during the day. Due to all of this AND the inability to do any laundry while we were out in the deseert, the dirty clothes hamper was overflowing!


I have been trying to use up many of the groceries we've had in the motorhome. I do a lot less baking (we're both trying to eat more healthily) then I did in the past, so many of the supplies I've always kept in the house are no longer needed. AND there are good grocery stores almost everywhere we travel!


So, we spent today taking care of both issues. The last load of laundry is now in the washer/dryer ( it's nine-thirty pm). The machine has been going steadily except for the couple of hours we spent going to the Safeway store in Bullhead City. Instead of my usual going around the edge of the store hitting just the produce, milk, meat and juice, I took the time today to go up and down the aisles -- except for the dog and cat food aisle, of course.


In between laundry and groceries, I even got some major cleaning done! It's actually been a productive day -- albeit a boring one!

No comments:

Post a Comment