Friday, January 8, 2010

Today in Benson...

As I predicted last night, today was a fairly quiet day. Except that since he had gone to bed so early last night (he didn't even watch TV), Forry was wide awake early this morning. Which would be fine, except he thought I should be too! Since I had stayed up playing Farmville on the computer (and writing my blog...), I had not planned on an early morning!

I get very aggravated at the mess of maps and RV Park books (Escapees, CampClub, Passpoert America, etc.) plus the Interstate Travel Book that accumulate around my chair when we are traveling. By the end of the day -- especially if we travel across state lines -- it seems like there are multiple maps and books scattered around. We had been looking for a small table or chest with shelves or drawers that we could use between the driver and passenger chairs to keep things organized.

This afternoon we found one that might work at WalMart. It's a darker cherry than the wood in Auntie Violet, but I think it looks okay. It's got one drawer that I can use for maps and then an open bottom portion that can hold all of the books. It's bigger than we wanted, but it wasn't that expensive so I guess we can give it away if it doesn't work out. It came all in pieces in a box, which meant that Forry has spent the past several hours putting it together.

That's the second project he's gotten done -- he also ran the plug-in for the dishwasher down inside the cabinet to a dedicated outlet. No more blowing fuses when he forgets to unplug the electric heater before turning the dishwasher on!

No comments:

Post a Comment