Monday, August 16, 2010

A Much Needed Rest Day

The beautiful drive along Hood Canal on our way to Sequim --


This is our friend Leslie on the beach yesterday morning with Forrest. Look at how bundled up the two of them were while Bill and I were wading in the ocean trying to get a look at what the gulls were feeding on --
Bill and his camera --


I'm writing this early in the afternoon as we seem to be having a decent Internet connection today. I don't know if it was because I was so tired, or just the way my karma works, but it was so awful last night that I gave up and wrote the blog on my iPhone. Then discovered this morning that it had uploaded it from the bottom in chunks that really didn't make any sense. I spent about an hour this morning re-loading it along with the great gull pictures I took of yesterday morning's feeding frenzy.
We slept in this morning until almost nine when the park's maintenance man knocked on the door to talk with Forry about the electrical issues we had when we hooked up last night. This park only has 30 amp service which is NOT enough for everyone to be running two air conditioners in their coach! It had kicked out a couple of times yesterday before we arrived (yesterday set a heat record for this area...) and it was still pretty unstable when we arrived. It is cooler today and there -- so far! -- don't seem to be any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment