Saturday, August 21, 2010

OK, I Know What Day It Is...!

One of the advantages of being retired is not having to know for sure what day of the week it is! But, it still shakes me up a bit when I realize I've totally lost track. I cheerfully entitled yesterday's blog with a proclamation that it was Thursday -- and didn't realize until I looked at it again today that it had actually been Friday! We bought an atomic clock earlier this summer that not only tells the time, but also the day of the week, the day of the month, the temperature, etc. BUT, it's on the wall behind me. Since we remodeled I sit at my desk facing the front of the coach and don't see it unless I make a real effort. What can I say -- I'm retired!



The Mariners played an early game today. They are in New York so it started at 10 AM our time. Ichiro started off with a home run which was immediately followed by another one. Then in the third inning, Ichiro again started the inning off with his second home run! Alas, Vargas wasn't up to par today and the Mariners couldn't hold on to their lead. ;-(



Now Forry is watching the Seahawks play the Packers. I know it's a pre-season game, but it's still too early for football!

No comments:

Post a Comment