Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sorting Through the Mail...

Along with Grandson Varick, Daughter Mary Mae also delivered our mail to us when she met the ferry. She's been faithfully gathering up and forwarding our mail for the last three plus years. I am still surprised how mailers can track you down. This batch of mail included two free farm magazines: Top Producer and The Progressive Farmer. I've not sent the forms for re-ordering these since we moved off the farm to Spokane over twenty years ago!



Here's a copy of Wheat Life, the magazine of the Washington Association of Wheat Growers and one of the Ruralite, Big Bend Electric Coop's magazine.


There's several church publications -- I expect that as I am on the Executive Board of Mennonite Church USA. Three copies of the Mennonite Weekly Review, one of The Mennonite and one of the Leader.


Ah, a copy of NurseWeek. I seem to get one of these every year or so. I can tell that they've done a mass mailing using the list of Registered Nurses licensed in the State of Washington -- it's the only list that lists my name with my maiden name as my middle initial.


A newsprint catalog from Camper World -- I can count on at least one in every batch of mail. There's also copy of RV View, the monthly magazine of Camper World. And let's see, a copy of Family Motor Coaching and one of Motorhome.


And then there's the mail: two letters about crop insurance; a newsletter from the Farm Services Agency; a couple of checks (nice!); a couple of bills (not-so-nice); a hand-written note (with a fountain pen, no less!) from Roy expressing his thanks that I am going to be a facilitator at the Health Sector Assembly in October; a letter from the Skagit County Auditor with the license tabs for the pickup at the ranch; two credit card offers (not nearly as many as there were a few years ago...); a couple of confirmation letters from my retirement account about deposits; two promotional letters from Good Sam; and of course, a letter from AARP!


Lots of filing of the important stuff; shredding of the stuff with private info; round-filing of the junk and envelopes; stacking of reading material and I'm done with the mail for another couple of weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment