Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rainy, Cold Day

I heard the rain early this morning on Auntie Violet's roof. It would have been a good morning for sleeping in, but this morning was "all you can eat" pancake and sausage or biscuits and gravy breakfast at the clubhouse from 8:30 to 9:30, so we had to get up and get going. We ate our fill and then returned to the motorhome for a quiet morning of reading and computer games. Since today was the girls' last full day with us, it was a shame it was so cold and rainy.



By two o'clock, the rain was down to a drizzle and Kyra persuaded me that they should go down to the ocean for one more swim. Sometimes I wonder about my sanity, but we went. We were the only people to be seen on the beach -- and nobody was playing in the waves! The only positive thing I can say is that it was a lot easier to walk on the wet sand then the soft dry stuff.




Claire didn't last long before she was back to be wrapped in a towel, but Ky spent a good well chasing crabs and flounders out in the waves. I think they were both glad to return to the park and get into the hot tub.
I made caramel brownies this afternoon for the potluck in the clubhouse tonight. After dinner we stayed and played a round of card bingo.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun to be at the beach with granddaughters. Wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete