Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fuzzy Vests, Monkey Bread and Pesky Cats

Today's projects were to make vests out of the cute faux fur valentine fabric for Sister Roxy's grand-daughters and to make monkey bread. There was just too much of the furry fabric left after we made the muffs, so we decided to dig out Roxy's serger and make the little girls each


a vest. If I say so myself, I think they turned out to be quite cute --




I had cut out the fabric yesterday and left it on the table. But this morning I had to go looking for some of the pattern pieces. Roxy found the front part of one of the vests in bed with her...



Because the cats seemed to be so enamored of the fuzzy fabric, we decided to make them some toys as well. (When Roxy figures out where she's hid the catnip, we'll stuff some inside.)



It's not like Yetti and Casa don't already live lives of luxury --


Yetti's favorite place to "sit" when we are eating is on the back of Roxy's chair --


He can't possibly be comfortable, can he?



This morning all I could see under a table in the hall was a tail --




Though when I made a noise, the rest of the cat popped out. Seems there is a heat register under that table --




Our other project was to make some kind of yeast bread. Roxy wanted to learned how to knead bread, so we decided to make monkey bread. I would have taken some pictures of her creation, but it too quickly disappeared!

1 comment: