Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time for Another Blood Draw...

At least I'm up to just once a month now, but today was time for another check of my prothrombin level. (I'm still taking warfarin due to the blood clot I had last summer.) I've learned along the way that it's much easier to go to a hospital lab to get the required blood draw then to go to a clinic. (The hospitals are used to having people coming in with orders for blood draws while the clinics seem to think I should see one of their doctors first...!)
When I googled hospitals in Vancouver and checked on the address of the lab for Southwest Washington Medical Center, I discovered that they had a "draw center" not very far from 99 RV Park. It sure made it convenient! There was only one lady there -- she functioned as both the clerk and the phlebotomist.

The only bad thing about getting it done at this satellite is that they still have to send the blood sample over to the main hospital lab for processing, so it'll be tomorrow before I hear about any possible dosage changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment