Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all of our family and friends! I hope all of your tummies are full and your hearts as well!


Since my Dad died late on a Thanksgiving Day, this holiday has become bittersweet for me. I always spend part of the day thinking of our vigil at his bedside as we said good-bye to him. I've heard it said that "no one is ever truly gone, as long as someone thinks about them or says their name." If that is true, Dad certainly lives on! My siblings and I have shared how we all sometimes still reach for the telephone to share a spectacular baseball play or an abysmal call by a referee with him.


The bitter cold of the last couple of days let up today and most of the snow is gone. The roads were bare and wet. We drove the Toad to Vancouver today to meet our friends Bill and Leslie for Thanksgiving dinner at Elmer's. Fortunately for us, the restaurant was not terribly busy, so we were able to eat, sit and chat for over three hours. I'm not sure when our paths will cross again, hopefully sometime this winter?!

No comments:

Post a Comment