Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beautiful High Desert Country

Here is our campsite last night at Blake Ranch RV Park. I love this gorgeous high desert country! (Note Auntie Violet's new satellite antenna on the roof.)


This RV park has small pea gravel at each of the sites and is landscaped with natural desert plants. It has corrals for traveling horses and fenced areas for dog runs, plus a store that carries a good selection of both food and RV necessities.

I was going to take my turn driving on some of these straight Arizona highways, but a quick "sit" in the driver's seat made it real clear that it wouldn't work well with the back brace I am still wearing for another few weeks. I guess I'll have to let Forry be the designated driver until next year!


As we drove along today, we came to the long stretches of juniper forests. They're not very tall trees, but they are a deep green with lovely shapes...



And in the drier country, sagebrush in bloom!




We were definitely in some of my favorite parts of this country today. It's hard to compete with the beauty of Arizona's high desert country.


We had a short run today as Forry wanted to get to Meteor Crater RV Park and stay for a couple of nights. He stopped to visit the crater with his parents when they were traveling cross-country when he was a young lad of seven or eight. Every time we have gone by the crater as we've traveled, he's wanted to stop. So this time we are.


We settled in here at the park fairly early in the afternoon and spent time doing some badly needed cleaning, vacuuming and laundry. I wish I had taken a picture of the shattered top of my new full hairspray can which wasn't securely tucked away when we started out from Spokane. After the top broke, the entire contents of the can poured out onto the floor beside the bathroom sink! What a mess! It had dried by the time we stopped and discovered it, so definitely did not wipe up! Today I took some soapy hot water and a brush to all the areas of the floor of the bathroom that were lacquered and finally got it up. In the corners, I could literally scrap it off after the hot water had softened it.

No comments:

Post a Comment