Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On Whiskey Hill Road...

Evidently there was once a bootlegger/distillery/liquor store on the road the kids live on. There are always lots of snickers about the name Whiskey Hill Road -- there are two Mennonite Churches and a school with that address!

We were true RVers this morning -- slept in until quite late and enjoyed VERY much not having to pile on lots of blankets. It is quite warm here compared to eastern Washington and the sun was even shining this afternoon.

I have long been a fan of the Pioneer Woman's blog. The other day she had a recipe for Turkey Pot Pie that made me want to try it. So tonight after Daughter Dawn got home from clinical (nursing school), we went over to the store for a few things (she was out of flour) and then put two varieties (one with and one without celery) together. Dawn made the pie crusts (I think I had the best job!) while I made the fillings.

Tonight the kids and I spent some time in the hot tub -- NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment