Monday, June 28, 2010

A Day in Spokane

I had an early morning appointment this morning in Spokane for a follow-up visit with my primary care physician following last week's overnight hospitalization. She did make me feel better about not seeking care sooner, saying that given the lack of other symptoms except for the swelling, she probably would have done the same thing...


The blood work came out well; my pro-time is elevated enough (i.e. the blood is "thin" enough) that I no longer have to give myself the heparin shots twice a day. I'll have it checked again on Wednesday, but it looks like we are on the right track.


Forry took his pump for the spray rig into the pump place out in Airway Heights. They were able to replace the valve unit in it, saving him from buying a whole new pump. But, when he went to install it this evening, he found he also had a cracked "Y" joint. He'll have to run into Moses Lake tomorrow to get a replacement for that!


The hillsides and roadsides along the I-90 freeway from about Cheney to Sprague are full of the color of the many lupines (I think this one is Lupinus sericeus, but would have had to take a magnifying glass to see the hairiness on the back of the leaves...).


There were clump after clump of them along the road and out into some of the pasture land --


No comments:

Post a Comment