Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Packing...

I usually don't have much trouble packing. I did so much traveling when I was a working woman that I kept a duplicate bag of toiletries in my suitcase to make it easy. For some reason, this trip to Alaska is proving to be difficult. I'm not sure why, we're only going to be gone from Thursday through next Tuesday. We get in late Thursday evening; have meetings Friday through Sunday afternoon; then have a free day on Monday and leave Tuesday afternoon.



I think part of it is not being real sure how casual an affair this conference will be. I'm leaning towards not taking any dressy clothes at all. I don't have any official role, so I think I can get away with it. Forry's jeans are not in great shape, so we'll go shopping for him before we leave.
Then there's the box of books from Oregon we were asked to take along for the bookstore at the assembly -- plus the hymnals and songbooks (a copy for us and one for Dennis and Colleen) we have to take with us. And since we do have a free day on Monday and a rental car, we certainly want to take the binos and bird books -- and the cameras!


I've got a follow-up appointment with my back surgeon at eleven thirty tomorrow in Spokane, so we're planning to stay up there overnight and leave from the Spokane airport in the afternoon. We'll fly to Seattle and then to Anchorage, getting in about 8 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment