Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kalona, Iowa

For a change, I had a flight that didn't leave at the crack of dawn! We left the ranch about 9 and I was at the United desk by 10:30 for my 11:45 flight, which actually didn't leave until a little after noon as it didn't even arrive until 11:43...


We must have had a good tail wind, because we arrived a few minutes early in Denver. A good thing, because the United Express area is clear at the other side of the B concourse and down the stairs from where my flight from Spokane came in. I stopped at a Starbuck's stand on the way and got a Venti Caramel Lite Frappacino. I found my fellow Board member Tina at the gate, also waiting for the flight to Cedar Falls, Iowa and sipping on a Starbuck's.


It was only a couple hour flight from Denver to Iowa. As soon as we departed the plane, we were met by another Board member (Patty) and Shelley from the office who had also just got in. Mr. Boshart was there with his pickup to take us to the motel in Kalona, then took Tina and I downtown with him to get a hamburger as we hadn't had a chance to eat earlier.


Only the Executive Committee meets in the morning tomorrow, so the rest of us can be lazy until it's time to go to our lunch meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment