Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

It's pretty incredible to think how much energy, money and hype was spent today on a football game! It seems as if the focus of the entire country was on Dallas today for the Super Bowl. There was a big potluck and Super Bowl party at the clubhouse today, but we did not go. We did watch the game on TV though.



I spent part of the day working with family history on Ancestry.com. I've been trying to trace my Dad's family which actually has a pretty good trail back through the Civil War and before. Mom's family is another story -- at this point there is nothing beyond her grandparents. It's going to take more patience then I have sometimes, so I only work at it in short spurts. It'll be a bit easier when we are back at the ranch and I can look at some of the pictures that I've saved over the years. I have a portrait of Mary Bertha Telecky's family that I think was taken in Minnesota -- I'm hoping there may be a photographer or photography studio name that might give me an idea of where they were.



We did take a walk up to the office to make arrangements to stay here for another two days. It has been two days at a time since we arrived -- they have to ensure they still have empty slots in order for us to stay at the Camp Club discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment