Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Very NICE Day!

I had a list of things we have to accomplish now that we are in Spokane. Doctor, dentist and eye exam visits, of course, top the list -- and then a haircut for Forry and a trim for me. We've really lucked out, we were able to get appointments for everything within the next couple of weeks.

Very high on my list was a trip to visit my favorite masseuse, Cherie. I was able to get appointments for us for next week. But then, my friend Cathi told me she was not going to be able to keep her appointment with Cherie this afternoon as she had to work. When she asked if I wanted to take her appointment, I jumped at the chance!

Now you have to understand that back in another life, when I was a working woman, I took the advice of another friend who just happens to be Washington's Secretary of Health. Mary told me that one of the best things I could do for both my health and sanity would be to get a weekly massage. I took her advice and had a standing appointment with Cherie once a week. Along the way, with much coaxing, I was able to get Forry to try massage. It made his back feel so good, he too, became a regular.

One of the hardest things I gave up when we sold our house in Spokane and became full-time RVers was that weekly appointment. Over the years, Cherie has become a very good friend -- one of those people that you may not see for ages, but when you do, you pick up chatting right where you left off. I have occasionally had other massages, but nobody does it quite like Cherie.

So you can see why today was a VERY NICE day. That hour just flew by. And I feel so good.

And I still have those appointments I made for us next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment