Friday, August 3, 2012

Auntie Violet's New Addition

Way back when we were in Florida (a few months ago), I bought a fish with hooks for hanging keys. I thought it would be fun to have something in the motorhome that reminded us of our winter in Florida and the Florida Keys. Forry did not want to put screws into Auntie Violet's nice cherry wood walls, so it's sort of sat around waiting for inspiration about how to hang it.

Finally he decided that he would mount it on a board that I could attach to a motor home wall with velcro strips (like I have done with everything else I've hung on the walls). While we were in Altoona visiting Bill and Leslie, Forry and Bill took an afternoon and made a Home Depot run. While they were there, one of the things they bought was a nice oak board that they had cut to size.

I put several coats of Liquid Gold on the board, then Forry screwed the fish to it. We've mounted it over the right side of Auntie Violet's doorway. The board is pretty heavy itself without the addition of the keys, so I used two inch-wide strips of heavy-duty velcro on the back.


I am quite pleased with how nice it actually looks and how well it blends with the various shades of the cherry wood. Now if we can just remember to hang up the keys...

No comments:

Post a Comment