Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Another Busy Day

Today was eye exam day. We stopped at the bank on the way and deposited a check, then it was over to Group Health's Eye Clinic. Neither of us seem to being showing much if any change. We both have the very early beginnings of cataracts, but they've stayed the same for the last several years. For some reason the clinic was really running slow today. I think I sat in the dark while my eyes dilated for almost 45 minutes instead of the usual 15 or 20.

I did not get new glasses last year when Forry did and I am ready for a new set. My lenses were a bit scratched up before, then I really did a number on them when I took a tumble in Salem, Massachusetts this summer (I had stepped out of a darkened elevator in a parking garage into bright sunshine and didn't see the curb right outside...). Fortunately, the "bendable" frames that I have are still in good shape, so I just need to get the new lenses.

From the Eye Clinic we drove out to Lowes to get a new runner for Auntie Violet's entry as the one we have is breaking up on the back. Lowes is where we got the first one, but after roaming through several aisles and finally asking, we discovered they no longer carry rolls of runners. So we went over to Home Depot to see what they had. They have various remnants and lots of carpets, but no runners. We did find a small striped carpet that may work.

Then it was over to Safeway for groceries. I had a long list of odds and ends that I only needed one of, so a trip to Costco wasn't necessary. By the time we got out of the grocery and back to Ponderosa Falls, it was already seven o'clock. By the time I got supper ready, it was really late. We had some of the corn from Jeff and Barb's garden that was very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment