Thursday, February 5, 2015

Catching Up

I was looking back this evening, trying to think what we had done today. The evidence of some activity is around the living room with several loads of laundry hanging up to dry. Some of it, actually most of it, is stuff I wore to Kansas City last week.

I bought some pearl barley last week when we were at the store, thinking that I'd like to make some beef and barley soup. So that's the other thing I did today. I looked at several recipes on the internet along with trying to recall what I had done when I made it several years ago. I don't exactly know what I was imagining, but I didn't quite get it. I do know that I had forgotten how much barley expands. I could have used half as much and it would have been better. Some mushrooms would have been good as well.

We had moved the lawn chairs, the little table and the javelina and the roadrunner off of the gravel to the cement pad and folded up the carpet when we got home last Saturday. We had gotten notice that the crews were going to be spraying the gravel areas during the next few days. There is a lot of green stuff growing in the gravel -- you can tell there's been a great deal of rain the last month. This morning the crews were out in front spraying the walking path area between us and the fence. Then a bit later they came around behind us on the road and sprayed the areas between the sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment