Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Fountain at Fountain Hills

Forry has been fascinated by the fountain at Fountain Hills ever since we got here two years ago. It tickles him that he can spot it from Eagle View RV Resort. (We are actually about 7 miles away as the crow flies.) He was playing around this afternoon with his camera telephoto taking pictures out of the back bedroom window.


The town of Fountain Hills sits in what was one of Arizona's largest cattle ranches. The land was purchased in the late 60s and the town was designed by Charles Wood Jr, the same man who designed Disneyland in California. The centerpiece for the town is the fountain which was built in 1970. It's one of the world's tallest man-made fountains.


The fountain sprays water at the rate of 7000 gallons per minute and under ideal conditions, can reach 560 feet in height. It sprays for 15 minutes at the top of every hour.


It is an awesome sight!

I finished up all of our personal tax stuff this afternoon and printed out the report for the accountant. I also installed a copy of QuickBooks onto my laptop. We have had all of the ranch records on Forry's computer, which he seldom uses. I have had to do the ranch books using his computer, which means he has to unload all the stuff he has sitting on it. It's a bit on the awkward side to work on it from my chair.

Tomorrow  I will try to upload the ranch data on a thumb drive and see if I can transfer it to the QuickBooks I installed on my computer. Hope it all goes well...

No comments:

Post a Comment