Monday, February 2, 2015

Spending Money...

I am relatively good at spending money. In fact, I think I do it quite well. At least if our trip to Costco today is any evidence. Of course, having Forry along adds to my ability as well!

We have not been to Costco for quite some time. I was waiting until the freezer was empty of meat so that I could stock up again. The one thing that I dislike about our mobile status is the inability to develop a relationship with a local butcher that you can trust. As a result, I pretty much don't buy meat anywhere except for Costco.

So today I bought several packs of meat that I then brought home and repackaged as individual items. I then scattered them around the freezer to solidify. I'll stack all of the packages in the meat drawer tomorrow after they're solid.

If the only thing I bought was meat, it wouldn't have been so bad, but Costco is just one big temptation. So you add in some gruyere and some brie cheese, a little liquid refreshment, some berries, some crab, a bag of frozen shrimp and a pot of pink geraniums and oh my goodness, now look at the tab!

And we still probably need to go to Safeway tomorrow to get groceries...

No comments:

Post a Comment