Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Day of Meetings --

I had a hard time staying awake today. My roommate went out for a walk about 11 PM after we'd been talking for two hours. She said she'd be gone for about twenty minutes. I read a bit and sort of dozed off. Woke up at 1:30 and there was no Addy in the other bed! I really panicked -- I hadn't thought it was a good idea to go for a walk at that hour, but...

I wasn't sure what to do. I waited about a half hour, still no Addy. I thought maybe I could call the front desk to see if they had heard anything and as I reached for the phone, I thought, "what about her cell phone?!" I didn't have her number! Then realized that it might be in the docket (yes, Shelley gave me a new one to replace the one I left on the plane) as they usually put in an updated contact list. Got out of bed, found the docket, found her cell phone number and dialed. Thank goodness, she answered!

She had been sitting downstairs after her walk (up and down the halls, not outside) talking to her sister! She was chatting with the night clerk and had no idea what time it was when I called...

By the time she came back upstairs and got settled in bed it was LATE!!

It was VERY hard staying awake in meetings today from 8 AM until 8:30 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment