Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is a Wednesday Better Than a Tuesday?

That's a good question and I am not sure of the answer. I do know it was an interesting day...

I've been working on the program for the House Dedication scheduled for Saturday. The family is Hispanic and neither the son nor the mother are fluent in English, so I'd like to do a few of the programs in Spanish for them. I sent a copy of the English version to our son-in-law Todd to see if he could translate them. I did the program in Microsoft Publisher, which in my new computer is, of course, Microsoft Office 2007. What Todd had was an earlier version. It took a while but I finally figured out a way to save Publisher in the earlier version to send to him.

This afternoon the carpet layers were supposed to install the carpet at House #3. They called this morning to say they would be there after lunch. Then they called after they arrived saying they wanted someone to bring the carpet sample so that they could be sure they had the right one. So Forry headed the sixteen miles to bring it over. After a bit Joel called me and said that they had left... He said they had said something about needing "the lady" to sign the papers..?
So I headed over there. When I arrived the carpet layers were back (I guess they had gone to Protero to get something to drink...) and Forry had signed the necessary paper,

But it was worth the trip to see the difference that a busy group of Canadien volunteers had made in that property! The rest of the fence was up; the wood and logs were all stacked; the trash was piled up to be disposed of; and all of the various and sundry salvaged items were tidily stacked in one pile. There should be no problem with the 100 foot clear area requirement now!

Tonight the family of House #4 came over to have dinner and share their story of the fire. It's pretty awesome to listen to people who have had to evacuate, then come home to devastation and ashes.

1 comment:

  1. which one is house #4? Is that on Barrett Lake RD?

    ReplyDelete