Monday, April 20, 2009

What is it about Mondays?

I don't know what it is about Mondays, but they sure seem to come with a whammy! And this one was no different.

I made a quick trip into Jamul this morning to pick up and deliver three flats of ice plants. We had gone over to take the new propane generator over to House #2 yesterday afternoon and realized that the folks who had put in the septic tank and drain field last week had really disturbed the earth near the house. We had a big crew from Ontario, Canada who made quick work of smoothing out the ground, planting the ground cover and strawing it over.

Then I had an early lunch meeting in Rio San Diego with Robin, the Coordinator for the Community Recovery Team. We had a lot to go over with both last minute details for Houses 2 & 3, and for the new build of House 5. Robin is a delight, I really enjoy being with her -- I think we both think alike!

I had just gotten back to camp, planning to work on the program for the two upcoming House Dedications when Forry and Ken convinced me I needed to go back to town with Forry to return some back porch lights and talk with the Home Depot people about some of the invoices we had that had included sales tax (materials for the fire rebuilds are tax-exempt). And we wanted to make copies of the blue prints that Robin had given me over lunch.

It was after dinner that I finally got to work on the programs. Ken took a neat picture last week of the family who will be moving into House #2:

The man on the left is visiting his brother and his mother who will be living in the new house. (They are currently living in a small very old trailer on the hill above the house. The house dedication will be this Saturday at 2 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment