Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Midweek

It's Wednesday and we're halfway through another week. I spent most of the day shopping. Forry and I went to Home Depot in Santee where I purchased all of the lights for Houses 2 and 3: 4 motion detector porch lights; 2 kitchen fluorescent lights; 2 hall lights; 8 fans with lights; 2 bathroom lights with fans; and 4 plain light fixtures for the attics and hot water closets. I think I got everything except for the bathroom light bars 'cause I wasn't sure what had been bought for sink cupboards...

Then I bought 2 washers; 2 dryers -1 gas & 1 electric; 2 refrigerators; 2 stoves -- 1 gas & 1 electric; 2 range hoods; 4 smoke detectors (but I need 2 more); 1 microwave; and eight sets of dimmer switches.

Ken wanted Forry to go with him to pick up the propane generator for House # 2, so he met us at Home Depot and spirited him away. Then I got to get everything (except the appliances which we will go get on Monday since they don't deliver to either Portrero or Tecate) loaded into the pickup and drive back to camp by myself. Once I got here, I decided I might as well deliver the stuff to the houses rather than have it sit in our unsecured parking lot all night (or unload it all and put it into our shed, then reload it all in the morning).

Thank goodness I took one of the short-termers with me as when I got to the second house, our crew had already gone back to camp and she had to help me unload. Luckily I remembered where the key was hidden...!

No comments:

Post a Comment