Tuesday, April 14, 2009

San Diego to Rochester NY...

So this morning we headed for the airport, I had an 11:18 flight on United. I thought it would be a nicer time to be checking in then the usual 6 AM rush. Boy, was I wrong! The line at United's check-in desk was out the door to outside! Fortunately, I was carrying on my bag and had my boarding pass so I could by-pass that line. But the security line was just as long -- the lady who did my security pat-down (the machine always rings very nicely for my knees...) said that the 10-11 hour was almost busier than the early flights.

It was a four+ hour flight to Chicago than almost another two hours to Rochester plus the three hour time change so it was nine o'clock by the time I got to the hotel. I was really ticked off at myself when I got on the flight to Rochester and realized I had left my meeting docket in the seat pocket on the first flight. I had an aisle seat and the lady in the middle was quite agitated and sure she was going to miss her connection if she didn't get her bag out of the overhead immediately after we landed. In the ruckus, I forgot all about retrieving the docket I had been reading earlier. Of course, then we had an almost 15 minute wait for all the passengers in front of us to disembark. And it turned out that she had almost an hour and a half layover before her next flight...

The nice thing is that my meeting tomorrow doesn't start until 1 PM so I've put the "Do NOT Disturb" sign out on my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment