Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs!

All I was doing was trying to drink a glass of wine and work on my Frontierville homestead on the computer. But the mastiffs decided I was not paying enough attention to them! On the left is Chatter and on the right is Ranger. For such big dogs, they are extremely affectionate, laying those big heads on your lap and expecting (and of course, getting) their ears rubbed.



This beautiful young lady is Chatter. She was two years old last Saturday. She and her two sisters did VERY well, getting their first points, at the Mastiff show last month. Her sister weighed in at 188 pounds, and they are pretty much the same size -- they are NOT little dogs!




This gentleman is my favorite of all the dogs. Deacon was Sister Sherry's first mastiff and was just a big puppy went I first met him. He'll be four years old on Valentine's Day. I had gotten a bit dog-shy after my friend Gail had been bitten so badly while we were in Alaska together. (I tended to unconsciously move and put Forry between me and any dog we happened to meet while we were out walking.)



But Deacon would NOT allow me to ignore him -- or to stay away from him! He was bound and determined to snuggle with me. He even climbed into the shower and enjoyed sharing my bath (he and I wouldn't fit in together anymore!)

He is a very mellow dog, doesn't get upset at all about all of the visitors and the comings and goings. Too bad he's too big to live in a motor home!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures... it really is too bad that he is too big for the RV. I would love to have a giant lapdog. :-D

    ReplyDelete