Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Toes

It's hard to buy presents for people who are full-time RVers. Most of us really do not want anything that takes up more space or adds more weight. I was in great need of a pedicure -- we've gotten far enough south for sandals and my toes were not fit to be seen in public. Half purple nail polish and half plain nail just doesn't cut it!

My bright idea was to invite my friend Leslie to come get a pedicure with me as her Christmas present. (The fact that she drove us over to the nearby mall doesn't matter, does it?) It was fun to sit and chat while our feet soaked. And we both ended up with Christmas red toes!

I am intrigued by the plethora of little "Nail" shops in almost every strip mall. This one, like every one that I've been in this year, looked like it was a family affair. Two guys, one older and one younger, and two women, again one older and one younger. I'm pretty sure they have all been Vietnamese. It seems like they've carved out a niche in the beauty market. The shops are all pretty much alike: manicure stations in the front; a line of pedicure chairs with soaking tubs along the wall; and a couple of little rooms on the other side for waxing services. What's really nice is that all of the ones I've seen take walk-in customers, which is really nice for very mobile RVers.

Soon after Leslie and I got back to their RV Serenity, Bill fixed a great broccoli and beef stir-fry for us. A nice way to end a lovely afternoon!

Today was the shortest day of the year and it really got dark early. We watched the last of the sunset as we drove back home. I will certainly be glad to see the days start getting longer again.



No comments:

Post a Comment